The baddest boys in racing
- Beau Monde "killed a horse on a flight, bit someone's thumb off, broke a hotwalkers arm in three places, picked his groom up by the middle of the back held him in the air and shook him like a rag doll, and bit me in the chest so hard that I could feel the blood running down my shirt."
- Bold Bidder
- Catrail "pulled a stallion man over his paddock fence and tried to kill him"
- Corslew (attacked his owner)
- Danzig "killed birds in his stall"
- Devil His Due
- Display "worst post horse in history"
- Dixie Brass "bit groom, took a chunk out of him"
- Dust Commander
- Dynaformer "has bitten off fingers"
- Festival of Light "put manager in the hospital." Gelded due to temperament.
- Grey Sovereign
- Halo "psychotic.."
- Hastings "terror of the studmen"
- Nevele Pride (interview -- see last question)
- Personal Flag
- Ribot "only one groom could go near him"
- Round Table
- Scarlet Ibis "took off a groom's thumb"
- Seeking the Gold "a brute"
- Silver Ghost handlers "carried baseball bats"
- Sir Tristam "tossed a man over a fence"
- Southern Halo
- Spinning World (pictured above right)
- Watch Your Step "lived in a steel halter"
Bad boys in action
Sometimes pictures capture the badness, sometimes they don't.
Close up of Grey Sovereign's head. Look at all the hardware!
Devil His Due. Naughty naughty.
Seeking the Gold
Dynaformer looking all sweet and innocent (don't believe it)
[picture from Ballerina on TBchampions.com]
BTW, can we say "over at the knee?"