Delays and sidelines
- Delays. Ri had an abscess back in December that put him out of commission most of the month. Now, in March, he has had "drive-by" abscess in his hind hoof -- it happened fast and he's recovering fast, and I expect he'll be back in business very soon.
- Moves. The boys have moved yet again, this time each horse has gone to a different barn. This was necessary to accommodate their differing needs. Ri is now boarded with the trainer I worked with in 2011-2012. Harv is at a nice barn located about seven minutes from my house (and about a block from Bob's and my favorite diner). While I'd rather have them at the same barn, ultimately it's about what is best for them. I've worked out a very good route that will make it fairly convenient to go from work to Ri to Harv, to the grocery (if needed), and then home. Both boys have settled in nicely.